Consider this moving out checklist for your office relocation.
Planning for office relocation can be an overwhelming time. You may be trying to keep your business running as usual, but there’s still so much to do to get everything organized and packed properly. Even your staff may feel the strain, which can affect both their productivity and morale.
Make the moving process as smooth and stress-free as possible with this simple office relocation checklist:
• Get your office staff on board by holding a “moving meeting.” Share a relocation master schedule and go over the dates on which important steps in the moving process will take place.
• Let employees know exactly what you expect of them and what they can expect during the process.
• Assign moving leaders or supervisors in each department.
• Conduct an audit of staff keys and inventory the existing furniture, equipment and electronics.
• Get quotes from moving companies to find the right professional moving team to meet your budget and needs.
• Let any suppliers and vendors know about your move and provide them with your new address.
• Mail out moving notices to your clients/customers, banks, credit cards and accounts, professional organizations, utility companies, insurance companies, subscription services, and anyone else who needs to know about your move.
• If necessary, reserve office building elevators and/or loading docks for your moving day.
• Create a color-coded system for office furniture and equipment; this is a step the moving company can handle for you.
• Arrange for a cleaning service to clean-up the office once you are completely out of the space.
This basic checklist is a smart place to begin for making your office relocation as streamlined as possible. For a more detailed checklist and to get a moving company working for you that has experience in office relocations, connect with our team at Nilson Van & Storage now.