An office relocation requires a lot of preparation and organization. There are many important things to consider, and if you neglect any of them, you may cut your customers off from your business, albeit temporarily. To avoid any interruption in business, we have several tips to help you simplify your office relocation:
- Designate a few key staff members who will handle the organization of your move. This ensures everyone else can focus on business as usual. With careful organization, no tasks or customers will fall through the cracks.
- Plan your move during downtime if possible. Pick the slowest time of the week, month or year to minimize disruptions.
- Communicate with your staff. Ensure they are aware of moving timelines and any new guidelines that apply at the new location.
- Plan for things to go wrong. What is the backup plan if there are IT issues? Is there a work from home option for at least some of your staff?
- Pay attention to security. During a move, security of sensitive information can become compromised. Delegate someone to take care of security.
- Plan for document management and moving of important documents to happen before the actual move date.
- If your office has an open floor plan, assign a number to each workspace and pre-assign employees to a space. Provide labels for your employees so they can tag all office equipment and boxes with their new workspace number and their last name. Label the workspaces to ensure the movers can deposit and set things up in the correct spots.
These office relocation tips will streamline your efforts as you change spaces. The other way to simplify your office move is to trust it to experienced movers like our team at Nilson Van & Storage. Contact us today to get an estimate on your next office move.